Post subject: [5.2.x] LightFantasy v.1.0.4 - updated Nov 18
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

PSN: CanadianJules
Steam ID: dstjules
Skin name: LightFantasy
Skin version: 1.0.4
Aardvark Topsites PHP version: 5.2.0
Description: A light, stylish, and clean skin.

Demo: The Gamexe.net TopSite is the current demo for the skin. However, please note that some changes to the style have been made.

Screenshots:
n/a at the moment

File Size: 75,803 bytes
Download File: LightFantasy104.zip

PSD's:
-none at the moment

For all support, feedback, comments, requests, etc for this skin, please post in this topic.

Version Changes:
1.0.2-1.0.4: Hits/Uniques Out now work.

1.0.0-1.0.2: Upgraded for Aardvark Topsites PHP 5.2.0

Gifts: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Last edited by Daniel St. Jules on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:41 am 

Did you make all of that from scratch, or did you work off of a scaffolding? It's very beautiful, simple and elegant. I was wondering though, do you do all of your work within an IDE, or do you use a text editor? I love Aptana, I don't know how I could survive without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:00 am 
Site Admin

I basicly use notepad++, a pimped out version of notepad with syntax highlighting and other features that I'll probably never use, for all my coding needs. When making skins for this Topsite script, I'll start off by making the layout without any content or anything, just coding the html and css to be used. After that, I simply insert that code into the template files of the default skin (comes with the script), remove everything which is uneeded, and make sure that all the variables are in the right place. Very little needs to be edited when making topsite styles - all I normally change is the wrapper.html and getaway.html template files.

However, when coding templates used on the main gamexe.net website or the ones offered to the public for download under "templates", I code everything from scratch myself. After coding for so long, I find I've memorised just about every tag, property, value, etc, that I use in HTML and CSS, so I don't require any assistance from html editors. (although I did use FrontPage a few years back) The same applies a bit to PHP, although I find that I'm constantly refering to the php.net manuel to look up new functions that I've never used before as to accomplish things more efficiently.

I hope this answers your question. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 am 

How do i install it ? that skin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

You simply download the zip file mentioned in the first post, extract it, copy the folder which was just extracted and paste it in the skins directory in your Aardvark Topsites PHP installation. Then you must login to your administration panel for the topsite script, click on "Skins and Categories" under Settings in the left menu, select the LightFantasy skin and click "Set Default Skin". And there you go. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 pm 

Yeah! is very great!
:mrgreen: look my topsite

http://www.zona-amv.com/topsite

^^

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Upgraded for the latest version of Aardvark Topsites PHP. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:29 pm 

thnX 4 this exelent skin, i like it because its wider then the most aardvark skins so theres some room to work with and make it look like a real website :) Started to mod the layout a bit first by putting in side menu`s wich looks very good on this skin i think. Then i inserted a slide menu.for the content navigation links and further more some extras like a shoutbox, voting poll, contact form, lightbox works on all pictures (ofcourse exept for banners `n stuff) a news ticker ohw and i used the skin in the extra content pages and maybe some smallstuff i forgot U can view it by clicking the mini banner gabber toplist above my sig its not fisnished though but it gives a pretty wel overview whats i going to look like and i havent started a campagn yet so not many links yet its optimized for firefox but most looks ok in ie aswel exept the shoutbox misses some clolors there ....

Anyways tell me what u think about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Very nice site. You've added quite a bit of extra functionality on top of the basic topsite system, and all those features are quite interesting. The sliding menu is really nice, although it doesn't always load properly for me in FireFox (the CSS styling isn't always applied), and I like how you positioned those top google ads: I would never have thought of doing that. =P And curious, what is the primary language of this site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:30 pm 

In the hardcore scene theres not 1 good toplist, al of em are free hosted with horrible popupads and linkthroughs so i made it my project to come up with the first descent toplist worthy to the scene :) .

My prime language was supposed to be english since i want to become a global site so the rules and faq is in eng but from a SEO point of view i had to use my home language to rank with google in the top 3 with my chosen keyword "hardcore toplist" and the origin of that scene started in the netherlands so now u know the language lol its Dutch.

BTW ima planning on adding the files translated to eng aswell but in a later stadium first i need to get the extras working propper i am not a coder i know just a bit html but i can recognize the peaces of code i need then i just copy/paste and puzzle, sometimes it gets a bit messy working like that and that could be why the dropdownmenu didnt work right for u i deleted the news ticker wich was a bit messy and changed the menu a little so i hope it works good now didnt need it anymore since i just added a news system now i can make fresh content easy wich is also good for SEO lol.

Ohw and implementing google ads is sortof a hobby besides modding templates and making sig`s its all the same just be creative lol i had to put the white border 3 pixels higher to be able to place it to blend in good lol

Anyways i blabbed enough hahaa ima go check out the siggie corner now, i believe i read somewhere about sigs in here and again thanx for the cool template i wish i could code something like it myself ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:30 am 

can you please make a version with a table on the left with all the categories in it? PLZZZZ

Post subject: Exellent skin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:47 am 

Hi all

Downloaded this skin and installed....looks greeeeeeeat

How do i add some text at the bottom just above ardvarks

regards
blackcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Open skins/LightFantasy/wrapper.html

Find:
Code:
<div id="notice">{$lng->main_executiontime}: {$execution_time} | {$lng->main_queries}: {$num_queries} | {$lng->main_members}: {$num_members}<br />

Place the your text right below that, and I'd recommend starting a new line right after with:

Code:
<br />

Hope that helps. :wink:

Post subject: Re: [5.2.x] LightFantasy v.1.0.4 - updated Nov 18
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:53 am 
Your skin is very nice.

I use it on this page: http://www.browserspiele.at/
But it doesn't count the HITS OUT.

If I switch to an other skin it counts them correctly :(

Post subject: Re: [5.2.x] LightFantasy v.1.0.4 - updated Nov 18
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

That's odd, as the hits script is the exact same as the other aardvark topsites php scripts. I guess I'll look into it. =/