Login  |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

[2.0.22] GuildWarsAlliance v.1.0.16 - updated July 16

Post subject: [2.0.22] GuildWarsAlliance v.1.0.16 - updated July 16
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

PSN: CanadianJules
Steam ID: dstjules
Style name: GuildWarsAlliance
Style version: 1.0.16
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Description: A dark green/grey Guild Wars based theme.

Demo:
The Gamexe.net Forums are the current official demo for the GuildWarsAlliance theme although please note that some modifications to the layout have been made. For a more accurate preview of the style, please view some of the screenshots posted below. You'll have to register to view the demo although the screenshots are always a good way of previewing the style.

phpBB.com topic:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=398294

Screenshots:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
Screenshot3
Screenshot4
Screenshot5
(screenshots are currently outdated)

File Size: 281,820 bytes
Download File: GuildWarsAlliance1016.zip

Language packs:
There are no language packs available at the moment.

PSD's:
Quote:
Banner1
Banner2
Header, as well as menu and top bg sliced.
Posting buttons - uses font called Visitor TT1 -BRK- which can be downloaded here
User profile images
Forum index legend Images
Folder image
Login/Logout image
Birthday
Forum Locked
Topic move
Inbox
(psd for some images have been compressed and simply contain the slices)

For all support, feedback, comments, requests, etc for this style, please post in this topic.

Version Changes:
1.0.14-1.0.16: Footers edited and removed thumbs.db files.

1.0.12-1.0.14: Updated for phpBB 2.0.22

1.0.10-1.0.12: A couple small changes to overall_header.tpl and the CSS file were made.

1.0.8b-1.0.10: Many small bugs related to positioning or the general look of the style have been fixed.

1.0.6-1.0.8b: Fixed a couple more IE bugs that were caused by a code I used to try to stop posts from stretching the layout. That code was removed so the style can now be stretched by extremely long links and large images just like most other templates. The style has been submitted to the styles queue of phpbb.com and is awating validation.

1.0.4-1.0.6: Updated the style for phpBB v.2.0.20

1.0.2-1.0.4: Fixed some positioning/image size bugs which improved the general look of the style and made the banner images link back to the index. (Thanks hartshill for the idea) Also fixed some bugs in IE.

1.0.0-1.0.2: Fixed a couple positioning bugs in IE and decreased the loading times of the layout.

Last edited by Daniel St. Jules on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:19 pm 
Very nice template, the best i've seen for GuildWars, it really is very good work. The only comment I have is that the header graphic doesn't link to the index, but I've changed that for my site anyway.
10/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for the comments and I'm glad to hear that someone is using the style. :) And surprising enough, I never thought about linking the banner images back to the index. I may decide to include this if ever I release another version of the style.
-Daniel

Post subject: Looks Great
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:31 am 
I really like this template and would give a 10/10. One of the best i have seen in a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:22 pm 
Great template, I feel in love soon as I saw it!! I wanted to know what font you had used for the buttons cause I have a "Thanks" mod in my forum and wanted to make a new button for it!

Thanks again for your work, great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:41 pm 
Nevermind, I just did it by hand.. thought I would add it here for those others that might want to use it for the same reason?? Hope that is ok :)

Enjoy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

The name of the font I used for those images is Visitor TT1 -BRK- and it can download at http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-v2.html Good job on the button though. :wink: Also, I've updated the Guild Wars Alliance topic with a couple more psds. I'll be updating the topic with more as soon as I find them. :P
Thanks for the comments,
Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 am 
Thank you :) Got it just incase I'll need a new button! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:11 pm 
Sorry to double post in a row, but while working with the forum, I have installed a users list so that I am able to see the members easier. In doing this, my mods are really hard to see cause of the font color that was used for them. I wanted to change this to another color I could see better in the template, but can't seem to find where to change it.

I went to the theme_info.cfg file and found this line:

Code:
$GuildWarsAlliance[0]['fontcolor2'] = "1B7C98";

Since that color matches the mods color, I figured that was it and I wanted to change that to:

Code:
$GuildWarsAlliance[0]['fontcolor2'] = "03C3A6";

but that didn't work, where can I change their color please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

After editing a style .cfg file, in order for the changes to take effect, you must reinstall the style. (simply deleting it in the styles admin and re-adding it will do this) If this doesn't work, then please post the code of the php and tpl file related to this mod so that I may find another solution.
-Daniel

Edit:
Please note that by changing $GuildWarsAlliance[0]['fontcolor2'] the colour of the font used for moderators in the Who is Online section of the index and the view online page will change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 pm 
DUH I got it, I changed it in the ACP... my mind leaves me sometimes! Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:09 pm 
I'm digging it. However now that I have 4 level 20's in 15k and a few good weapons along with rank 6, I find the game quite boring now.

So I quit...trying to master WoW now 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:28 am 
I used the style for our alliance forum also. I added the GW faction logo to the top, and the alliance name will follow later on. But great work on the style, I hope more GW players will start to use it

http://www.soulofmelandru.com/alliance

Arcus Dracony Admin and leader of Soul of Melandru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:11 am 
Whats a good font to use for the top? And how to install the banner? Just replace the old banner psd with the new one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

@Maelstrom: Well, I haven't customized the banner yet for my own forum so I'm not positive which fonts would look good but I imagine something like Seven Swordsman should go well with the header images. Do a search for "Seven Swordsman Font" in google if you don't have it. Also, after you've finished making the changes to banner.psd, go to file->Save for Web and save them as gifs. (probably 128 or 64 bit so that the images aren't too big in file size) After you save the images to the desktop, a new folder should appear called "images". Simply select all the contents of that folder and upload the images to the "forumdirectory/templates/GuildWarsAlliance/images/banner/" folder. Hope that helps. :wink:

@Arcus: I'm glad to see some more sites using the style. Best part of making a public template such as this one is the thought that many are using it so I appreciate it when people let me know when their forums use it. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next