Login  |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

[3.0.9] DarkFantasy v.1.0.18 - updated Dec 25

Post subject: [3.0.9] DarkFantasy v.1.0.18 - updated Dec 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

PSN: CanadianJules
Steam ID: dstjules
Style name: DarkFantasy
Style version: 1.0.18
phpBB version: 3.0.9
Description: A blue RPG-themed style.
Note: Best viewed in FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari!
IE doesn't display full row background effects, but still looks fine.

Demo:
http://gamexe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1229&style=4

Screenshots:
Screenshot1

File Size: 611,064 bytes
Download File: DarkFantasy1018.zip

Imageset packs:
United States English
(feel free to create your own language packs and submit them!)

PSD's:
Alternate content_top.jpg

For all support, feedback, comments, requests, etc for this style, please post in this topic.

Enjoy our phpBB styles? Help support us.

Version Changes:
1.0.16-1.0.18: Updated for phpBB 3.0.9
1.0.14-1.0.16: Updated for phpBB 3.0.8
1.0.12-1.0.14: Updated for phpBB 3.0.7
1.0.10-1.0.12: Posted on phpBB.com. Only 2 very minor changes.
1.0.8-1.0.10: Updated for phpBB 3.0.5 and 3.0.6.
1.0.6-1.0.8: Various small fixes.
1.0.4-1.0.6: Updated for phpBB 3.0.4. Fixed up BBCodes and a few other things.
1.0.2-1.0.4: Updated for phpBB 3.0.2. Also included several minor bug fixes and simple changes.
1.0.0-1.0.2: Implemented some fixes for IE6 and IE7. Also included the newly created forum images, replacing the old ones.

Gifts: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Post subject: Re: [3.0.1] DarkFantasy v.1.0.2 - Updated June 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

The style has been updated with some fixes for IE6 and IE7. That's my fault for not having tested the skin in the browsers beforehand. Unfortunately, because IE doesn't offer proper support for background images in tables (specifically table rows) the shadows in the table cells could not be implemented in those browsers. To see the skin in all it's glory, as a result, we ask that you view it in a browser such as FireFox or Opera.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: [3.0.1] DarkFantasy v.1.0.2 - updated June 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:24 am 

Forgive my English is not very good. Daniel the new style is fantastic. Could you upload PSD of the buttons and logo banner? To translate to Spanish language to me.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:01 pm 
Goomba

Hi there Daniel,

As odinx73 stated above, this new style is just fantastic. Artful, great integration of colors, I absolutely love the header and all the little touches. It was a first pick for me with no challenger in sight, and now I am trying to tweak it in little bits and pieces to suit my needs at the moment.

The first thing is that as odinx73 requsted, 'blank' versions of the buttons and images you use for the skin would be very much appreciated, for those of us who will be adding our own buttons, changing languages, and other such things.

The other thing that is bugging me is that in posts, the "Report", "?", and "X" button images seem to 'float' above the Online/Profile/PM/etc bar on the bottom when the message length is minimal - the three buttons seem to 'stick' to the bottom of the message instead of sitting flush against the Online/Profile/PM bar. This design 'glitch' is a little annoying for visibility's sake, and I wonder if it is something that can be fixed with a bit of code editing. If you do not understand what I mean (kind of convoluted wording, I know), I can try and attach an image for you.

It is giving me this error both in Firefox 3 and Safari, though I've not yet tried it in other browsers.

The only other nitpick I had was the Logout [ USERNAME] link and the X New Messages/PMs link on two separate lines instead of one line, aligned left and right respectively or with a small separator in between, resting flush against the breadcrumbs portion, but that's so minor and easy to fix that it barely deserves mention at all.

Other than those minor, minor details, I am absolutely in love with this style and can't wait to see more great stuff from you. Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:02 pm 
Goomba

Hope you'll forgive the double-post. I know the 'floating' Report/?/X buttons were always that way, but it was driving me a little insane so I went and tweaked it. How I have it set up now is that those buttons now show up in the Post Subject bar aligned far right, and the post date now appears where it had the "Top" link, below the poster's information, with the post link and graphic appearing in front of "Post Subject", like how it is set up in a lot of old phpbb2 styles.

I also changed around the Login/Logout and PMs thing so that the Login/Logout link displays flush on top of the breadcrumbs, with PMs aligned far right. The only thing I have with this 'fix' is that when users are logged out, it shows the Login/Logout and Register links on two separate lines on top of each other, but I figure the greater onus is on the design as concerns users who are logged in.

I can give the altered code for these fixes to whomever wants them, or post them here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:18 am 

I found a bug in IE. When you want to answer a question if you use IE doesn't appear the color palette

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 pm 

Hi there Daniel,

Could you upload a templates of a buttons and a banner? It would be great to can create a russian language pack for this style - it's awesome even in english, but in russian it would be a much more handy. :)

UPD. Those buttons in the lower right corner of the post look a bit clumsy atop of the text. Maybe, a small pictures would be better?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

I plan on adressing all concerns stated in this topic once I return from my weekend trip. I apologize for the delay in response - I've been quite busy lately.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: [3.0.2] DarkFantasy v.1.0.4 - updated July 15
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

The style has been updated. It includes those changes necessary for phpBB 3.0.2, as well as some fixes for IE, including that of the font colour. PSD's have also been included in the first post.
Enjoy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 pm 
Goomba

Ouch - I've heavily modified the DarkFantasy theme. Are the updates to this version fairly quick, and if so, would it be possible for me to get a list of the changes and where to put them so that I don't have to put in this new version and re-modify everything?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hm..may I suggest downloading winmerge from http://winmerge.org/ and using it to compare
http://www.gamexe.net/styles_mods/DarkF ... asy104.zip
and
http://www.gamexe.net/styles_mods/DarkF ... asy102.zip
to see what changes were made, that way you could apply them yourself. It's quite the tool, and I believe this would be the perfect situation to put it to use.

Also, as a note, the DarkFantasy104.zip was faulty for the past 30 minutes, and if you had downloaded it within that time, I would suggest re-downloading. Everything's fine now. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm 
Goomba

Thank you for that suggestion - I will try that this weekend and hopefully it will work just fine.

I have another quick question. Word wrapping seems to work fine, but is there a way to force a line break when a single word or set of characters exceeds the expected physical length of the post?

For example, when someone enters:

----------------------------- (long series of characters)

It stretches the skin way out. I would like for it to force the line break after x amount of characters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

There used to be a mod for this in phpBB2, but I haven't seen anything like it in phpBB3. Basically, you'd have to use javascript to force a line break when a long string of characters are displayed. Not the greatest solution, but it's the only one I can think of. The other method would be to modify posting.php to check how many characters are in a row and force a line break there, but I've never attempted either, so I'm not sure what action to suggest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:08 pm 
Goomba

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a modification to that effect to pop up, then. :) I wasn't sure if it was something that could be done native to the theme, or had to be put in via Javascript or by other means as you said.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 am 

can u post logo.psd plz plz plz :king:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next